This delicious no-bake strawberry banana dessert is the easiest dish I have ever made. My family loves it and requests it often, and it has been a hit at many summer BBQs and pot lucks as well. The best part about this dish is that it is so easy, but tastes great. It takes about 5 minutes to make, and no one will ever know as long as you don’t give them this recipe!
You will need:
- precooked angel food cake (You can find these in the bakery section of your local grocery store) The round ones are perfect for this recipe.
- 1 8 oz container of cool whip (2 if you’re feeling froggy 😉)
- 1 pound of fresh strawberries
- 2 ripe bananas
- Large container with lid. Love this one because it is plenty big for anything I want to bring with me and cheap enough that I’m not upset if I forget it.
Super Easy Process for Making this Strawberry Banana Dessert
Step 1: Cut the Cake
First, cut the angel food cake into cubes about one inch in size. It doesn’t have to be perfect. Sometimes I even have my kiddos help and just tear it into bite-size pieces. It’s much quicker to slice and dice it.
I just cut one-inch slices in the circle cake. Once I have about four or five slices, I turn them and quarter those slices. It’s super-quick.
Step 2: Slice the Banana and Strawberries
Slice the banana and strawberries for the desert in simple slices.
Stir all the ingredients together in a large container with a lid. I like to use a silicone spatula for this part so I don’t damage the fruit. Put the first Cool Whip container and then see if you like the consistency. If you think it needs more fluff, add the other.
I know a lot of you are keto, so you could substitute the Cool Whip for my Homemade Keto Whipped Cream, and then make a Keto Angel Food Cake. Of course, you’d also have to leave out the bananas. Honestly, that takes away the allure of this super-easy strawberry banana dessert fluff. So, make this one for the kids and fix yourself something else if you’re doing keto.
- 1 angel food cake (prepared from bakery section)
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 2 bananas
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Cut angel food cake into one-inch cubes.
- Slice strawberries
- Slice bananas.
- Gently stir all ingredients together in a large container.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 96Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 23mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 1gSugar 9gProtein 1g
*Nutrition facts vary be sure to calculate your own macros.
You can easily get sugar-free or fat-free Cool Whip for a lower-calorie version.