I love to quickly blend this peppermint smoothie on my way out the door in the mornings. Since they’re sugar-free and low carb, they’re super healthy. The full serving of protein also keeps cravings and hunger at bay until lunch.
Peppermint Smoothie Ingredients
These smoothies are super healthy and taste just like mint chip ice cream. Just use the ingredients below, and you’ll have a treat in less than 5 minutes.
- Low-Carb Protein Powder
- Peppermint Extract (Make sure you get peppermint extract, not mint. The flavors are very different.) Don’t overdo it. I few drops or tiny splash is plenty!
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips (I prefer Lilly’s Dark Chocolate Chips)
- Almond Milk (Unsweetened Original)
Blend All Ingredients In Blender
I use a small magic bullet to blend the ingredients. Once the ice is smooth, your ready to go. I garnished these smoothies with crushed candy cane pieces, but for a typical healthy morning smoothie, I skip that step and enjoy my smoothie without the added sugar.
Your breakfast smoothie is ready in less than 5 minutes.
It takes about a minute to throw the ingredients together, and another 90 seconds to blend. So, even with clean up time, this is a tasty, healthy breakfast ready in less than 5 minutes.
If you struggle in the mornings, like me, this is huge.
If you’re a newbie to the smoothie world, check out this article from Delish. It has some excellent tips and tricks for general smoothie making.
- 1. First, combine all the ingredients together in the blender.
- 2. Then, blend for about 90 seconds until ice is no longer visible and your drink has a "smooth" consistency. The time will vary depending on the strength of your blender.
Make sure not to overdo it with the peppermint extract. Just a splash! Too much will overpower the smoothie.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 172Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 5mgSodium 62mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 2gSugar 7gProtein 26g
*Nutrition facts vary be sure to calculate your own macros.
If you’re interested in healthy eating, you should check out our low-carb dinners meal plan. Just sign up below to get it sent straight to your inbox.
If you love this peppermint smoothie, you will adore our healthy dinner recipes. Check some of them out before you go.